At first I truly believed that my new teeth would be done. I was naive and wrong. I’m still waiting. At first I received a call and subsequent email advising Nat and myself of the enormous cost that would soon befall us. General Motors was not going to cover as much as we had hoped, and the uncovered balance was going to break the bank – literally.
Suddenly, today, while Nat is out I received another phone call from the Dental Office and was informed that the Oral Surgeon had finally reviewed my file and that I was going to now have two options. Oh great – more bloody waiting time. The first option:- I would have the entire procedure done all at once in a Toronto Hospital – The second option:- I could have the bottom cavities repaired right away, then have the dentures made and have the upper teeth removed in a hospital setting. Apparently the Oral Surgeon is apprehensive about one or two of my anti-rejection drugs and would prefer to do the procedure where more services would be available immediately.
I advised the dental secretary to make the appointment with the Oral Surgeon where Nat and I could discuss all of the above and then advise of our decision. I’m sure it will be the second option. We both have no desire of travelling to Toronto. So now I wait some more.
As January has been passing us by, neither one have been busy. We’ve done the usual chores and errands, etc. and I’ve been helping dear sister, Michele, design a possible web site for her Administrative Virtual Assistant business. I truly believed it would be easy, but I was soon awakened by new WordPress settings, how-to’s, and other changes that are now a bit more restrictive than what I’ve been used to in the past. I suppose corporate headquarters is looking to make a bit more money, and I can’t blame them. There are a lot of web-hosting sites out there and the competition must be tough. I, however, believe that WordPress (and Square Space) are the best out there, except that Square Space is even more expensive.
After long hours in the evening and while Nat has been out of the house, I sat behind my computer screen and customized, customized, customized until the cows came home. Michele is looking for a theme with columns and everyone we picked out had to be customized to create those columns. The one exemption I discovered is any Free themes seem to be uncustomisable to achieve such columns. Nowhere, nohow can I find the settings or descriptions found in online set-ups regarding the very exact theme I’m working on. I’ve now been through at least 5 themes, all to no success. I finally had to admit defeat to my dear sister today, and told her I gave up. I’d do anything to help her with her web site but we’re going to have to re-think the set-up where I won’t have to blow my brains out trying to get her up and going. We do, at least, have a site up with some tagging to (hopefully) get some views and possible customers.
On the good news side, my older sister, Gail, has successfully had a cancerous tumor removed mid-January. She’s still waiting for her radiation schedule, but at least she’s been informed the surgeon managed to get everything and there were no more signs of the tumor. Bless Gail, she appears to be thinking positively and I’m sure after radiation this will be the last of it. Our family has beaten so many odds before, there’s no doubt in my mind we can keep doing it.